Skip to main content

Thoughts on Gil Greenburg.

There's a fellow, a fellow student in fact, who's name is Gil Greenburg. Now, Gil is a person who will try to (operate word being try) spout off anything. Any thing at all. Whether it be relevant to the conversation or not. Whether it's completely plausible or not even fathomable. He'll go to great lengths, on the spot, to prove everything he says is a fact. Whether it's instantaneously and with great bias searching the web for his proof, or even making his own site or wiki entry to make you believe. So I'd say that Gil's got numerous "talents". Among these talents is a certain scamming talent. Ethical or not, he has a real knack for it. He has a real passion for it too. He spends much of his time or passions to this talent. Another "talent" I'd have to say is his odd ability to just make anything funny. Things that would never be funny if you or I had said them, but when Gil says them they're extremely out of place and with a hilarious inflection. Above all Gil is a level headed, hilarious friend. Also, ask him to say Samsung. You'll laugh.

Some questions I'd like to ask Gil:
1) How old were you when you first tried to scam someone?
2) How'd you do it?
3) How often do your scams work out?
4) What's your obsession with lemonade?
5) What's the biggest scam you've pulled off to date?
6) Why do you do it?
7) Do you have any other hobbies?
8) Where'd you grow up?
9) You like any sports?
10) Where do you see yourself after you graduate?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bull-ez

I remember a distinct bully from middle school. Which, I think is agreeably every child's worst experience. There was a bully. Not just to me, of course, there were other kids in the same painful boat. Painful, wooden, hormonally-rocking boat. But I digress. I remember a single distinct incident in which said bully, named Mario... let me stop and tell you about Mario, actually. Mario had always been a symbol of Italian justice in my eyes. He had been ever since I took up my first controller to play as Nintendo's popular Italian plumber platforming title. But this Mario is in no way tantamount to his mustached counterpart. But now I re-digress. This incident occurred on a very important testing day when I had donned my slightly nicer than average clothing. Without warning in what seemed to be one fluid he spit on my pants. Unannounced, without purpose, but with fury. I wanted to just leap from the chair and slug him one right in his un-mustached face, but I knew he would take me

My Thoughts on Audio Technica's ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones

Let's start by introducing the pair I got in the mail. These are Audio Technica's ATH-M50 headphones and the site has them listed as professional grade studio headphones. That's all well and good, but when you see the price you wonder if it can really live up to that label. At anywhere between $160 to $180 online these headphones are priced well below what you will find most other studio cans.  As you can see, I opted for the white version as I prefer their looks to the slightly more plain black version, but they're also available in a limited edition silver and a limited edition red color. They also fold up for ease of carrying.  In the box you get the pair, some documentation, a matching carrying pouch, and a ¼" adapter in case you have some other professional audio equipment. These headphones also come with a one year limited manufacturer warran

The Wii-U. Is it for me or U?

Let me just say this going in: I like Nintendo. I want them to succeed. The Good There's a lot of things that I think the Wii-U does right. The controller/screen is a pretty awesome idea, and I much prefer its modern take on a traditional interface as opposed to the scary place everyone was taking it with motion controls. You can even go as far as, with certain games, using the controller exclusively and never having to look at your television. This makes the controller more of its own separate entity rather than simply a peripheral one. I like the updated graphics and media features even though it still feels like Nintendo is just playing catch-up at this point as the original Wii really missed out with its lack of internet features. The Bad Even though I like the premise of the controller, because the Wii-U is still in its infancy stage, no one really knows how best to use the controller yet. And so far, unfortunately, it's being used badly more times than it'